In this article, we will explore more about phpMyAdmin database administration tool.
phpMyAdmin intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. It is a popular, easy to use and powerful web-based tool to handle database operations. Frequently it is used for managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc. those actions performed via the user interface and also can execute SQL queries. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB.
Let’s get to know more about phpMyAdmin.
1. From the first screen, you will have access to your databases, which are listed on the left.
2. Clicking a database name will show a list of tables in the database on the left and more detailed information on the right.
3. In the Action section, you can click 'Browse' to see the individual records in a table.
4. Click 'Structure' to view a table’s structure and perform several actions.
5. Click 'Search' to search using specific keywords.
6. Click 'Insert' to add new rows (or fields) to the table.
7. Click 'Empty' to delete the contents of a table.
8. Click 'Drop' to delete the whole table and its contents.
9. Click a table on the left to view the structure of the table’s fields.
[Need assistance to fix this error or install tools? We’ll help you.]